Queen's Beasts Silver Series
History of The Queen’s Beasts
The Queen`s Beasts Silver Bullion Coins are 10 legal tender silver bullion coins each featuring mythical creature. The ten beasts are representative of the heraldic crown of the Queen, and are depicted in different positions on each coin to represent the different crowns in Her Majesty`s Royal Collection.
The series comes in ten-ounce and 2 ounces .9999 fine silver.
Today, The Queen’s Beasts can are located at the Canadian Museum of History in Quebec. Whilst the replicas of the Queen’s beasts’ sculptors stand in Kew gardens. The creatures were displayed on the day of The Queen’s coronation in 1953.
The mythical creatures which form the heraldry are Lions, Griffin, Falcon, Bull, Yale, Greyhound, Dragon, Unicorn, and Horse.
How many Queen’s beast coins have been released todate?
Royal Mint took a challenge to create the 10 heraldic statues in 2oz and 10oz pure silver, calling the series ‘The Queen’s Beasts Silver Coin Collection’. The Royal Mint used the skills of Jody Clark, whose official portrait of The Queen features on the obverse of every coin issued by The Royal Mint. The first release of the 2oz Queen beast silver coin series was ‘The lion of England’. 2016 The Lion of England round bullion had a Majestic crowned ‘roaring’ Lion holding a shield heraldic rose at its centre.
What are the 10 Queen’s Beasts and release dates of 2oz and 10oz Coin Series?
- The Queen Beast Lion‘2016 2oz The Lion of England Queen Beast Silver Coin’
- The Griffin of Edward III ‘2017 2oz Queen’s Beasts The Griffin of Edward Silver Coin’
- The Red Dragon of Wales or known as ‘2017 2oz Welsh Red Dragon Queen Beast Silver Coin’
- The Unicorn of Scotland‘2018 2oz The Unicorn of Scotland Silver Coin’
- The Black Bull of Clarence ‘ 2018 2oz Silver Queen’s Beasts Black Bull of Clarence Silver Coin’
- The Falcon of the Plantagenet’s ‘ 2019 2oz Queen’s Beasts Falcon of Plantagenets Silver Coin’
- The Yale of Beaufort ‘2019 2oz Queen’s Beasts Yale of Beaufort Silver Coin’
- The White Lion of Mortimer‘ 2020 2oz Queen’s Beasts White Lion of Mortimer Silver Coin’
- The White Horse of Hanover‘2020 2oz Queens Beast White Horse of Hanover Silver Coin’
- The White Greyhound of Richmond ‘2021 2oz Queen’s Beast White Greyhound Silver Coin’
- The Lion of England‘2016 2oz The Lion of England Queen Beast Silver Coin’ was the first release of the 10 Queen Beast in two ounces of silver. The bullion features the fearsome lion, one of the heraldic symbols of Great Britain. It holds a shield in its left paw and is crowned with the symbol of a golden royal crown. In Roman mythology, the lion symbolizes bravery, valour and strength.
- The Griffin of Edward III‘2017 2oz Queen Beast The Griffin of Edward III Silver Coin ’ was the second release from the Royal Mint from the Queen Beast series. The queen’s beast Griffin was also released in 10oz of pure silver in 2018 as well in 2oz of silver in 2017. This coin depicts the Griffin of Edward III. A griffin is a mythological beast with the head and wings of an eagle and the body, hind legs, and tail of a lion.
- The Red Dragon of Wales or known as ‘2017 2oz Welsh Red Dragon Queen Beast round bullion’ was the third release from the Royal Mint Queen’s Beasts series.
- 2018 The Unicorn of Scotland is the fourth of four coins that make up the Royal Beasts Collection. This 2oz 99.9% Pure Silver coin is struck to a Brilliant Uncirculated standard and featuring an exceptionally low mintage, making it a true collector’s piece. The scaly skin of the Unicorn of Scotland is depicted in rich detail on this gentle beast’s graceful form while its yearning gaze rests upon a shield bearing the Scottish Lion Rampant. A guilloché pattern completes the design for this magical creature.
- 2018 The Black Bull of Clarence was the fifth release of the Queens Beasts Series which was made in 2oz silver round coin and 10oz silver round bullion. The two ounce black bull of Clarence silver coins features the magnificent Black Bull of Clarence with shield and artist Jody Clark’s initials can be seen to the right of the base of the shield.
- 2019 The Falcon of the Plantagenets 2oz silver coin and 10oz silver coin was the sixth release from the Royal Mint. The features on the coin have an abstracted version of the Falcon of the Plantagenets, holding a shield depicting a falcon within an open golden fetterlock alongside the weight and portrait of her Majesty The Queen.
- In the seventh queen’s series release, a highly stylized mythical beast is shown. This mythical beast has a tail of an elephant and the jaws of a boar. It is as large as a hippopotamus and is made of pure silver. 2019 The Yale of Beaufort is available in a 2oz face value of 5 pounds and 10oz face value of 10 pounds, making it ideal for both investors and collectors.
- The most waited for coin 2020 2oz Queen’s Beasts White Lion of Mortimer Silver Coin was the 8th release from the Queen’s coin series. The coin has an immaculate design of the queen’s beast the lion, the design features a White Lion holding a shield with a ‘white rose en soleil’, a white rose on a golden sun, a combination of emblems used by both Edward IV and Richard III.
- 2020 2oz Queens Beast White Horse of Hanover Silver Bullion Coin is the ninth release in 2 ounces (56.699 grams) of pure silver. The design features a rearing horse with the badge of the House of Hanover George I Royal Coat of Arms. A shield below the white horse of Hanover has been split into quarters. Each quarter shows fleur-de-lis of France, the second shows the Irish harp, the third displays the lion of Scotland and the leopards of England, and the final quarter features the Arms of Hanover.
- The tenth is the 2021 2oz Queen’s Beast White Greyhound Silver Coin, made in 2 ounce (56.699 grams) of pure silver. The tenth bullion coin of the highly respected Queen’s Beast series developed by the Royal Mint is one of the appealing White Greyhound coins. As a part of this year of celebrations, to honor Queen Elizabeth II. Features the Greyhound of Richmond with the Tudor seal, with coin’s weight, fineness, and year-date.
Mintage of 2 ounce and ten ounce Queen’s Beasts Silver Coins
The physical Queen’s Beasts Bullion Series of second edition silver coins were first released in the year 2016 – 2017 and continue to be issued year on year. The Queen’s Beasts bullion coin series consists of 10 different design types and has already included the Lion of England, Griffin of Edward III, Black Bull of Clarence, White Lion Mortimer, White Horse of Hanover, Falcon Coronet, Red Dragon of Wales, Unicorn of Scotland. There’s a perfect place for this highly collectible bullion coin for any precious metals portfolio.
Queen’s Beasts 1/4 oz and 1 oz in 24ct Gold
The Queen’s Beasts Collection is not limited to silver but also includes a beautiful range of 1 oz gold and 1/4 oz of 24ct pure gold fineness of 999.9 giving you a choice of desirable, collectible range. These coins have a face value in pounds of 100 and 25 respectively, however, their intrinsic value is based on the gold content of the coin, coupled with the collectability of that particular design.
Shop our range of 2oz British Silver Coins to add to your collection today.